Seeking Daily Inspiration
|Source: A screenshot from the video|
“Writing is like excavating. You start at the surface, then you dig- keep on digging deeper and deeper till you reach the core. It’s the same whether you are writing fiction or non-fiction.”- Cheryl Strayed
- What’s the question at the core of your work?
- What question are you trying to answer for others?
- When you tell your story, you focus more on what you learned through your hard times and failures than the moments of your success. Those times make you humble- the core piece of your being. Life is contradictory- it's hard and it's beautiful at the same time.
- What is your narrative of your story- has it changed over the years? Instead of seeking valediction from the outside, do seek it from your own core self.
- Trying to accept and embrace that part of yourself that is truer yet less pleasing to others. Being able to say no to the world so that you can say yes to yourself.
- Deeply invest yourself in your writing- in your dream. And know that all you can do right now is write- a page after a page after a page. And let things be. Greatness isn't in your hands.