The Year 2016 In Review and Goals For 2017
The Year 2016 was awesome. The first half was all struggles, embarrassments, disappointments and trouble for me. But the second half was unexpectedly better- that Pune trip with best buddies, that family trip in October, the Ultimate Blogging Challenge, the immense growth that I saw in my personality and all the life wisdom that I learned!!
I struck off many a wish-list this year. I did convert many a dream into reality this very year. Looking back, connecting the dots, I can see what a phenomenal year it was. I came across so many new people, established new friendships that do mean a lot to me, and I connected with the people who inspire me in one way or the other.
I do have some New Year Resolutions, well, let’s call them New Year Goals. I don’t really connect with the word ‘resolution’.
1. Be more visible- accept vulnerability, accept imperfection. Aim growth not perfection. Be more mindful about your emotions- don’t shut them out or hide them. Acknowledge them.
2. Read more non-fiction, especially memoirs, travelogues.
3. Listen to audio-books more often.
4. Resume writing poetry. Resume journaling.
5. Write a review a week, detailed, honestly, soulfully, as truly as you can.
6. Don’t multitask. It takes away the soul from whatever you are doing. Accept that multitasking is not for you. Single-task. Do things one at a time.
7. Travel more.
8. Let go of the urge to commit to every expectation of your friends and family. Learn to say ‘It’s not a priority right now’ if you find saying ‘no’ hard.
9. Meet at least one blogger friend who has inspired you immensely.
10. Spread love, happiness, kindness, and joy wherever you go. Reach out more.