Eight Underrated Korean Dramas #AToZChallenge
8. Bride of the Century - A conglomerate family is under a curse for a hundred years that the first bride of the eldest son would always die. There are power struggles, conspiracies, doppelgangers and search for sincere love. Though the theme seems a bit cliche the plotline is interesting.
7. Prosecutor Princess - The plot is about law and crime and the happening lives of prosecutors. The lead actress has good acting skills and there is an equivalent proportion of romantic comedy, suspense and drama twists.
6. Shining Inheritance - This tale is marked by tragedy, teary eyes, and sadness. Eun Seong's father dies in a construction accident and her younger brother goes missing. She has to fend for herself while searching for her brother. Destiny happens and she inherits a vast fortune from an old woman whom she had helped in need. There is love, lost and found tale, and making one's life upon one's own terms. A very good watch.
5. Love Rain - "Love Rain is a story which takes place in two time periods, the first is in the 1970's which tells the love story of two university students Seo In-ha and Kim Yoon-Hee. After a series of events, the couple is separated. The time is then moved forward to 2012 where the story revolves around Seo Joon, the son of In Ha and Jung Ha Na the daughter of Kim Yoon-Hee. Joon and Ha Na then fall in love but In-Ha is still in love with Kim Yoon-Hee, unknowing that their children are in love In Ha then attempts to track down Kim Yoon-Hee for the first time in thirty years." -IMDB
4. 49 Days - There is a belief in Korea that after death, a soul takes 49 days of travel to reach heaven or hell. This concept is brilliantly used in the drama ’49 days’. The soul of the girl, who was not supposed to die so early, is given 49 days time by the scheduler (collector of souls) to collect 3 tear drops from three persons who truly love her. If she succeeds, her life would be returned to her. This journey of the girl, or the soul, is worth a watch. Read More.
3. Queen In Hyun's Man - There's time travel, romantic comedy and plot suspense. What can possibly go wrong? Great acting chops by the lead actors.
2. King2Hearts - ‘King 2 hearts’- set in the backdrop of ‘always there’ north and south Korean rivalry, it is the story of South Korean King and North Korean military officer, amidst nation and world politics. It has many characters, each having a story of their own. If only the story is considered, this one’s the best. I wish it would be made to a book some day- and I will be the first to buy it. Read More.
1. Kill Me Heal Me - ‘Kill Me Heal Me’ has a great storyline, a plot that doesn’t adhere to any of your active imagination, presumption, preconceived notion or stereotypes. The BEST of any story themed around multiple personality disorder. Read the complete review Here.